Hospital could go through police investigation due to false data about cancer care
A recent report elaborating the false data given by staff after pressure could cause a hospital trust to go through a police investigation.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) said that several cancer patients had to go through a long wait at the Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust.
Officials from CQC detected flaws with the waiting system which led to the undue delays for the treatment of many cancer patients.
The hospitals staff confided in the CQC investigators that they were put under stress to change information identifying with patients and their medication to make it appear as though individuals were being treated in accordance with national guidelines.
This led to the really long waiting periods which caused few patients to not have access to the medication they required in time.
The health watchdog has passed its discoveries to Essex Police - and Professor Sir Mike Richards, the recently designated Chief Inspector of Hospitals, has suggested that the trust is set into exceptional measures.
The CQCs efforts to rope in the Essex Police have been affirmed by them. They also said it was assessing the data to secure if to start a criminal examination into the matter.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies