Harley Davidson to become more affordable
Taking full advantage of India's motorcycle market which is growing rapidly Harley Davidson's recently unveiled two Dark Custom motorcycles starting at an estimated 4.5 lakh.
The two Dark Custom motorcycles - Street 750 and Street 500 have been designed extensively for India. These bikes were showcased at the Milan motor show which targeted young urban riders.
In an attempt to reach potential customers residing in the heart of India, Harley Davidson plans to introduce bikes in the 250-300 cc segments.
Sources say that the mogul motorcycle makers want to manufacture and sell these smaller-engine bikes with local involvement which will result in lowering the prices.
A person close to the development mentioned that these bikes are likely to compete with the Bajaj Pulsar and the Hero Karizma ZMR. It was also stated that Harley Davidson will out source headlamps, tyres, cowls, shock absorbers and other parts to local vendors. Apart from the signature design, engine and gear technology will be handled by the company itself.
As competition intensifies UK-based Triumph Motorcycles is also set to launch half a dozen new bikes in India on November 28. The range would include cruiser, sport and motoring models.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power