£95m settlement over sub-prime securities for RBS
Standard & Poor's downgraded The Royal Bank of Scotland and its core operating subsidiaries to A-/A-2, from A/A-1.
It also gave the bank a "negative outlook".
RBS has expressed disappointment after its credit ratings were downgraded by Standard & Poor's .
S&P mentioned in a statement "The lowering of the ratings reflects our view of the changes that RBS has announced to its restructuring plan, which include the creation of an internal 'bad bank' and the accelerated disposals of higher-risk assets."
RBS announced significant changes to its restructuring plan earlier this week which included the creation of an internal `bad bank' to house its riskiest assets, following a review by HM Treasury.
The RBS revealed that it has agreed on a $153.7m (£95.5m) settlement with the US Securities and Exchange Commission to end its enquiry into alleged mis-selling of residential mortgage backed securities in 2007.
The RBS is not the only one to come under fire over sub-prime securities. US bank JPMorgan Chase has struck a $13bn to settle disputes with regulators and institutional investors.
HSBC admitted in its quarterly results in August it may have to pay $1.6bn (£1bn) in damages to the US regulator.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies