Breast Cancer Survivor Muriel Blackledge to Organize Christmas Fair
Muriel Blackledge, from Plympton, is a brave cancer survivor. It was in 2010 when she was treated for breast cancer. Since then, she has been quite regular in organizing coffee mornings.
This time, Muriel is going to do something different to raise funds. She is going to organize a Christmas Fair for Macmillan Cancer Support on November 9. The event will take place from 11am to 4pm at St Mary's Church Hall in Plympton.
Funds raised from the same will be given to the charity. Muriel has been able to raise more than £3,600 for the charity when she has taken part in the coffee mornings.
This time, Muriel has taken a bigger step and is organizing Christmas Fair. A number of beautiful things will be present at the fair, like handmade gifts, hand knitted items, stocking fillers, children's gifts, wood turned ornaments, jewellery and gardening items.
Muriel has soft corner for cats. Therefore, she has decided to have a small staff for items meant for cats. "Businesses have donated items to either sell or raffle and a very creative team of friends and colleagues have put their wonderful skills to good use by making items to sell", affirmed Muriel.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network