Mercedes Benz India to move on growth path with compact cars
About 500 customers intermingled with Mercedes-Benz Canada regional operations manager Robert Wissenz and Lone Star brass and staff while enjoying their time sipping fine beverages. During a fascinating evening full of glitz and glamour the Calgary retailer showcased the entire line of 2014 model year vehicles.
The redesigned Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the all-new CLA-Class captured the attention most although models walked the catwalk during a fashion show hosted by Chi Chi Couture. There are three models in the S-Class family, including the S550 4Matic SWB (short wheelbase), S550 4Matic and S63 AMG 4Matic.
According to Lone Star Mercedes-Benz new car manager Simon Clarke, the body structure of the new S-Class has been lightened and toughened.
Exterior design details include a more streamlined profile, a larger grille and distinguishing character lines that give the sides of the S-Class a sculpted look.
According to Mercedes, the S-Class is the first production car to have 100% LED-based lighting, inside and outside. What lies under the skin also impresses. The automaker says their Intelligent LED headlamps light up the road more efficiently than Bi-Xenon units.
S-Class automobiles are filled with safety technologies which include night view assist, cross-traffic and pedestrian detection, collision prevention assist and parking assist for both parallel and perpendicular situations.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids