Mercedes Benz India to move on growth path with compact cars
About 500 customers intermingled with Mercedes-Benz Canada regional operations manager Robert Wissenz and Lone Star brass and staff while enjoying their time sipping fine beverages. During a fascinating evening full of glitz and glamour the Calgary retailer showcased the entire line of 2014 model year vehicles.
The redesigned Mercedes-Benz S-Class and the all-new CLA-Class captured the attention most although models walked the catwalk during a fashion show hosted by Chi Chi Couture. There are three models in the S-Class family, including the S550 4Matic SWB (short wheelbase), S550 4Matic and S63 AMG 4Matic.
According to Lone Star Mercedes-Benz new car manager Simon Clarke, the body structure of the new S-Class has been lightened and toughened.
Exterior design details include a more streamlined profile, a larger grille and distinguishing character lines that give the sides of the S-Class a sculpted look.
According to Mercedes, the S-Class is the first production car to have 100% LED-based lighting, inside and outside. What lies under the skin also impresses. The automaker says their Intelligent LED headlamps light up the road more efficiently than Bi-Xenon units.
S-Class automobiles are filled with safety technologies which include night view assist, cross-traffic and pedestrian detection, collision prevention assist and parking assist for both parallel and perpendicular situations.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power