New hatchback & sub-4 metre sedan: to be launched Tata Motors
Tata Motors, the fourth-largest passenger vehicle maker of India is planning to launch a new hatchback and a sub-4 metre sedan powered by an all-new 1.2 litre turbocharged petrol engine in 2014.
The hatchback and compact sedan will be launched at the Auto Expo in February. This would be trailed by their commercial launch. The new hatchback (codenamed Falcon 4) will take a seat alongside the existing Indica and Vista models. The company has ruled out phasing out either of the two models.
Cashing in on the popularity of petrol cars and to stir up some excitement to the brand these two new products will be major product offerings from Tata Motors in the last 3-4 years since the launch of the Aria crossover in 2010-11.
Ranjit Yadav, president (passenger vehicle business unit), Tata Motors said, “We have planned a portfolio where we will be bringing new vehicles every year up to 2020. Next year, we will launch completely new cars. It will have a completely new DNA, with modified platforms, new attributes, powertrains and design language. Actually, these cars are for the global markets. So, we will launch them first in India and then take these to select international markets from 2015.”
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands