Asda makes availability of groceries easy with click and Collect scheme
The Supermarket Asda, is not leaving any stones unturned in order to help its customers. Customers who want to shop online but are not at home during the day to accept deliveries now will be able to pick up their Asda groceries at London underground and train stations under plans announced by the supermarket.
The click and collect service will be available at six London Underground station car parks, East Finchley, Harrow and Wealdstone, High Barnet, Highgate, Stanmore and Epping. The company is working on a huge expansion of its click and collect service, with over
1,000 new sites planned which include other underground station ca rparks.
Asda is targeting online sales of 3 billion pounds ($4.8 billion) by 2018.
Shoppers who purchase before noon will be able to collect the items from their home station after 4pm that day. As per the company this kind of service could also appeal to commuters who would usually purchase their groceries at premium convenience stores in the city and then take them home on their journey back from work. Asda will seek to expand the scheme to other localities of London and southeast England if the initial click-and-collect locations at Tube station car parks are successful.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars