Asda makes availability of groceries easy with click and Collect scheme
The Supermarket Asda, is not leaving any stones unturned in order to help its customers. Customers who want to shop online but are not at home during the day to accept deliveries now will be able to pick up their Asda groceries at London underground and train stations under plans announced by the supermarket.
The click and collect service will be available at six London Underground station car parks, East Finchley, Harrow and Wealdstone, High Barnet, Highgate, Stanmore and Epping. The company is working on a huge expansion of its click and collect service, with over
1,000 new sites planned which include other underground station ca rparks.
Asda is targeting online sales of 3 billion pounds ($4.8 billion) by 2018.
Shoppers who purchase before noon will be able to collect the items from their home station after 4pm that day. As per the company this kind of service could also appeal to commuters who would usually purchase their groceries at premium convenience stores in the city and then take them home on their journey back from work. Asda will seek to expand the scheme to other localities of London and southeast England if the initial click-and-collect locations at Tube station car parks are successful.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies