Giant Dinosaur Auction to Take Place in UK
As per recent reports, it has been unveiled that a giant skeleton of a diplodocus will be auctioned in the UK on Wednesday. It is said that the skeleton will be able to fetch more than £500,000.
The dinosaur fossil, which is said to be quite huge and having lock neck is said to be from the late Jurassic park. Experts were of the view that it is the first time that auction of a large dinosaur is taking place in the UK.
The specie has been named as Misty. It has been said that the skeleton was found almost complete in 2009 in Wyoming in the United States. Sons of palaeontologist Raimund Albersdoerfer were the ones who have dig out the skeleton.
They first found a huge bone of Misty then nine weeks later they were able to dig out Misty. It was then that Misty was prepared at a prominent fossil laboratory in Holland and later was assembled in the UK.
Natural History expert Errol Fuller will be acting as curate in the auction that will take place at Summers Place Auctions in Billingshurst. "There are probably about six of these in the great museums of the world, including in Pittsburg and Washington", said Fuller.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands