To correct possible steering column problem Maruti Suzuki recalls Ertiga, Swift, Dzire, A-Star
Maruti Suzuki India (MSI), the country’s largest carmaker on Wednesday mentioned that it will recall 1,492 units of its Swift, Ertiga, Dzire and A-Star models which were produced in October this year to correct a possible problem with the steering column.
Maruti Suzuki dealers will contact owners of the concerned vehicles. MSI added that this exercise is limited to vehicles within the above specified range and is not relevant for any other vehicle of the company or any of its exports.
The company said it will scrutinize the steering column for 1,492 vehicles which include 306 units of Ertiga, 592 units of Swift, 581 units of Dzire and 13 units of A-Star which were manufactured between October 19 and 26th October 2013.
If the steering column is found defective, the company will replace the steering column free of cost the company articulated.
In February 2010, the last big recall was made by the company when about one lakh units of its flagship export model 'A-Star' were recalled to replace a faulty fuel pump part.
General Motor India, recently had recalled 1.14 lakh units of its multi-purpose vehicle Chevrolet Tavera, which were manufactured between 2005 and 2013, to rectify emission and specification issues.
Since the industry body SIAM started a voluntary recall policy in last July, automobile companies have been pro-active in recalling vehicles in case of safety issues, taking the total recalls to over 3 lakh units.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study