Toyota suspends deliveries of the Lexus GX460
All of a sudden, troubled auto major Toyota suspended deliveries of the Lexus GX460 sport utility in Canada and the United States Wednesday for the time being after US non-profit magazine Consumer Reports highlighted concerns about the handling of the car that could cause rollovers leading to "serious injury or death."
Toyota forwarded that as of now, its engineering teams are examining the GX using Consumer Reports' specific parameters to identify how we can enhance the GX's performance.
On Wednesday afternoon, while commenting on the halt of Lexus' GX 460 model sales in the US, a spokesperson of Al Futtaim Motors, sales franchisee of Toyota and Lexus in the UAE, told Gulf News, "The distributor is aware of the issue and is awaiting information from Toyota if sales of this particular model will be stopped in the region here."
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power