Royal Mail to deliver bumper postbag this festive season
On its busiest day Royal Mail in Lisburn expects to handle up to 72,000 items of Christmas mail, as it deals with customers' festive greetings, online shopping orders and Christmas parcels.
The 89 postmen and women of Lisburn will be working continuously to deliver a first class Christmas for all their customers.
They are expecting to handle up to 72,000 letters and parcels on Thursday, December 19 which was predicted to be their busiest day.
Customers can help their local postmen and women by posting cards by the recommended posting dates and using the postcode on all items. Customers are urged to post early and remember to use the Postcode.
Today (Friday) is last recommended posting date for First Class Mail.
The operations director, said, "Christmas is the busiest time of year for Royal Mail and our customers.
"We know that many people don't want to wait for redelivery so we are extending our opening hours to make it easier for customers who want to pick up their parcels in person."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden