Royal Mail to deliver bumper postbag this festive season
On its busiest day Royal Mail in Lisburn expects to handle up to 72,000 items of Christmas mail, as it deals with customers' festive greetings, online shopping orders and Christmas parcels.
The 89 postmen and women of Lisburn will be working continuously to deliver a first class Christmas for all their customers.
They are expecting to handle up to 72,000 letters and parcels on Thursday, December 19 which was predicted to be their busiest day.
Customers can help their local postmen and women by posting cards by the recommended posting dates and using the postcode on all items. Customers are urged to post early and remember to use the Postcode.
Today (Friday) is last recommended posting date for First Class Mail.
The operations director, said, "Christmas is the busiest time of year for Royal Mail and our customers.
"We know that many people don't want to wait for redelivery so we are extending our opening hours to make it easier for customers who want to pick up their parcels in person."
New Zealand News
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?