Ford to build its new F-650 and F-750 trucks at Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake
Bigwig automaker Ford Motor has announced that its new line of Ford F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks will be manufactured at the company's Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake.
The announcement implies that Ford is shifting the production of its new tough truck line - comprising its new F-650 and F-750 trucks - from Mexico to the Avon Lake plant, which is the automaker's assembly plant west of Cleveland.
Announcing the move on Friday, during a press conference at the Ohio Assembly Plant in Avon Lake, Ford said that the production of the new F-650 and F-750 trucks at the Avon Lake plant will commence in early 2015.
According to the announcement made by Ford, the move to shift the production of the new trucks to the Avon Lake plant is part of a $168 million collective bargaining agreement which the company had made with the United Auto Workers Union officials in 2011, about shifting its medium-duty truck production from Mexico.
Unveiling Ford's new line of F-650 and F-750 medium-duty trucks at the Ohio Assembly Plant, Joe Hinrichs - Ford president of the Americas - said: "It's great to be back here to deliver some good news. Our success starts and ends with great products like the Ford F-650 and F-750. I'm happy to announce this investment we are making into the Ohio Assembly Plant."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids