LIFE this weekend cheered on by three generations
The RACE for LIFE events have the entries closed at midnight tomorrow as the hope and expectations draws the Norwich event to raise more than $809,000. Race for Life is a Cancer Research UK women only charity event and as the events take place across the country with additional funds raised through other ventures , such as this year’s Race for Life charity single Girls Just Want To Have Fun , recorded by singer Sonique who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
Portsmouth event manager at Race for Life , Rachel White , told the website , “Many women are put off entering Race for Life because they think they won't be able to complete the route. But we know that women often cover several kilometers on an average shopping trip, without even realizing it”.
Here’s is a story of Margaret Davies, who battled cancer for more than three years, her daughter and son Andrew and Amanda and her granddaughter Megan, From Cotton Chase, Old Cotton, said, I think it will be very tiring for me and the next day I will be very tired but it's nice to think I can do something to help. Everybody has been touched by cancer and any money I can raise for the charity is wonderful.”
Mrs. Goward plans to start off walking however her friend Carol will push her in her wheelchair if she gets too tired. She has already raised more than $200 and was the first diagnosed with MS, a disabling neurological condition, in
1989 and the condition leaves her very tired and also affects her memory.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network