Instagram suffered service outage on Saturday; users complained on Twitter
Popular photo- and video-sharing site Instagram suffered an outage for several hours on Saturday. The outage prompted a number of annoyed Instagram users to voice their complaints on Twitter microblogging site.
The Instagram service outage was first reported early Saturday afternoon. Before long, the hashtag '#instagramnotworking' started trending on the Twitter site; with thousands of users of the Facebook-owned Instagram complaining that they could not share their moments on the photo-sharing site.
Instagram itself used the Twitter site to give the infuriated users an update on the service downtime. Although the company did not divulge the reason which led to the outage, it did say on its official Twitter feed - @instagram - that it was experiencing a "feed delivery issue."
The tweet, posted at around 1 p. m. ET, said that Instagram was working to fix the issue. The company did not provide any further updates about the outage, though it thanked the users for their patience.
The Instagram site was apparently back up and running by late Saturday afternoon; with the website, Is It Down Right Now, reporting that the Instagram site was reachable by 3 p. m. ET. However, some Instagram users continued to report that the popular application remained inaccessible till Saturday evening.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal