Nest Learning Thermostat now available through Google Play store for $249
In a move which underscores the first public Google/Nest crossover after Google's $3.2 billion acquisition of Nest Labs earlier this year, it has been recently announced by Google that the Nest Learning Thermostat is now available through the Google Play Store.
According to the announcement, the Nest Learning Thermostat can now be purchased from the Google Play store for $249.
The announcement implies that Google is rolling Nest - the manufacturer of a connected thermostat and smoke detector - into its smart home division. The Nest Learning Thermostat, which is now available via the Play store, is a digital thermostat which is capable of working with the existing infrastructure of a household, to optimize heat and air conditioning output. The thermostat connects to Wi-Fi for remote administration using an iPhone or Android device.
Nest launched an updated version of its Learning Thermostat last year. The updated version, which comes with a two-year warranty, boasts a 320x320 pixel touch panel and dual-channel Wi-Fi.
Nest Learning Thermostat learns the behaviors of the users over the span of a couple of weeks, and begins making the heat and air conditioning adjustments accordingly. Noting that Nest is "incredibly proud of the positive impact Nest has had so far," Nest's Yoky Matsuoka said in a blog post: "Our work isn't done. We're also setting a new goal for ourselves."
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power