Obama Says Rapid Growth of Africa Offers Opportunity for U.S Businesses
U. S President Barack Obama says that the fast paced growth of Africa holds great opportunities for U. S. businesses for expansion into the continent if the governments take step to cut down on corruption and take corrective measures on human rights violations.
Yesterday in Washington while speaking at the U. S.-Africa Business Forum he said, "Even as Africa continues to face enormous challenges, even as too many Africans still endure poverty and conflict, hunger and disease, even as we work together to meet those challenges, we cannot lose sight of the new Africa that's emerging."
Instead of the old emphasis of providing aid to the African countries, the President is now shifting the focus to trade and investment in Africa.
The forum which was held yesterday had more than 90 participating U. S. companies. It was part of a three-day summit that ended today and included forty or more African leaders.
To attract more investment from U. S companies, the administration at the summit tried to put pressure on the African leaders to protect human rights. Especially those for the women and also tried to motivate them to take steps in curbing corruption and promote an enhanced financial system which would be more transparent.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies