Tesla Reports a Loss for the Third-Quarter
Tesla Motors Inc. the electric car manufacturer reported a loss in the third-quarter earnings report. It said that the company's loss figures almost doubled when compared to last year's figure, to $75 million. The loss is attributed to the rising expenses of manufacturing, sales and development as the company tries to keep up with the growing demand.
The company's revenue doubled to $852 million as it delivered a record number of 7,785 Model S sedans during the quarter. Most of these vehicles were delivered in North America.
During the announcement of its earnings report, Tesla Motors Inc. said it will delay the dates of the initial deliveries of its much awaited Model X. The company says that the date could crossover to the third quarter of 2015. Tesla said that it wants to ensure that the all-electric vehicle should really "delight customer."
On Wednesday, Elon Musk, Tesla's CEO told the analysts regarding the delay. He said, "There's no big thing. There are a whole bunch of little things. It's really about getting the details right. I think people will appreciate that we got the details right."
Musk also mentioned about his expectations of increased orders and deliveries in 2015 and 2016 for the Model S to boost by fifty percent.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden