Publix Offers Same-Sex Marriage Benefits to Its Employees Starting This Year
From this year, Publix plans to offer something special to its employees as it extends same-sex marriage benefits for its workforce. The grocery chain with a significant presence in Atlanta, will give the complete benefits to the couples who have wed in those states where it is legal for gays to tie a knot.
Most of the residents in the local areas said that they're happy to learn that Publix is offering the benefits to its employees.
The decision of Publix falls in line with similar ones that have been taken by Target, Walmart, Whole Foods and various other fortune 500 companies. The move probably is also encouraged by companies as gay marriage has become legal in thirty or more states. It also includes North and South Carolina, which are locations for Publix stores.
Brian West, a Publix spokesman said, "We hope this change makes spouse coverage decisions simpler for our associates."
Publix operates in six states and has1,095 stores. It employs around 168,000 people. The decision taken by the company was welcomed by same-sex marriage advocates in Florida, where it is based.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network