Snapchat’s New Platform “Discover” Seems to be the Future of News
Snapchat has added a new platform called "Discover", which is going to prove a major news update podium for several of the news organisations. This will help the channels share various stories daily.
At present, the users can see the content from eleven outlets which includes CNN, ESPN, Comedy Central, Food Network, Cosmopolitan, Daily Mail, Yahoo News, National Geographic, Vice, People and Warner Music.
Earlier in the week, Snapchat wrote in a blog post after launching the feature last Tuesday that 'Discover' is brand new means of exploring stories coming from various editorial teams.
Well knows news agencies such as the CNN plan to capitalise by partnering with the popular chat app, Snapchat. They find huge potential in the apps ability to share news stories along with entertainment.
Every story in this section will be viewable for only twenty four hours. The duration of the news stories is greater than what is used for messages in Snapchat.
While talking about how this section could benefit the news channels, head of social news in CNN, Samantha Barry, said "They are visually-led with great images and videos, but when you swipe up, you will get great CNN context with more images, text and background."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network