Stallion To Be Sent To A New Home
Picaro, the Paso Fino stallion owned by the late Michael S. Khoury, 69, and Joyce M. Khoury, 66, of 19 Woodchuck Lane, Spencer, was shot twice in the head on the morning of 14th January by Khoury, who first shot and killed his wife in their bedroom, and then shot the horse in its stable, before setting fire to the couple’s foreclosed home and pickup truck; after which he turned the gun on himself.
Picaro arriving at Tufts in North Grafton with serious head wounds, walked into hospital with assistance from Carol Gaucher of Spencer Animal Control, the first glimmer of hope that Picaro was a survivor.
Three months of love and care at Ross Haven, saw Picaro recovering and being led to a trailer to begin the last leg of a journey south to Riverview Paso Farms in Mount Jackson, Va., where he joins the family of Paso Finos owned by Ann Howell. The Paso Fino is a breed of horses dating back to the time horses were imported to the Caribbean from Spain.
As a result of the gunshot injuries, Picaro has lost his right eye, while surgeons removed multiple bone fragments from his head during his first operation. Going into surgery again 10 days later, he had his jaw stabilised with metal pins and fragments removed from his hyoid bone.
Facing a ling fight back, Picaro required around-the-clock care in the early stages of his recovery.
However, he has been adopted by Riverview Farms in Mount Jackson, Virginia, which breeding facility is dedicated to Paso Finos, just like Picaro.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies