Data Breach Confirmed by Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. for Some of its US Stores without Naming the Locations
Sally Beauty Holdings Inc. announced on Thursday that there has been a data breach in some of their stores. The company also said that customers debit card and credit card numbers also might have been leaked. However, the company did not come out with the names of the states or stores where the breach might have occurred and that was not appreciated by its customers.
Sally Beauty notified customers earlier this month that they were examining reports of unusual activities that were reported on payment cards.
The beauty products retailer said some of their customers reported about doubtful activities and that is what urged the company to launch a probe in order to take a closer look into the issue.
The company claims now that there is adequate evidence to justify illegal activities. The beauty product seller said that the customers who were affected by the breach will not be liable for any fraudulent charges made on their accounts.
Last month, the company's shares dropped approximately five percent.
Sally is not the first one to be on the sales data breach list. Home Depot Inc., Target Corp and many others have faced major data breaches in the last few years
Sally Beauty faced a security breach in March last year where the credit and debit card accounts of a large number of customers were compromised.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids