Vox Media is Buying Re/code the Tech News Website
On Tuesday, a post on the website of Re/code revealed that, Vox Media, which owns The Verge, is buying Revere Digital. Revere Digital is also the owner of the Re/code which is a tech news website. Recode was founded by Silicon Valley veterans, Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher.
Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher the Re/code journalists wrote, "We want to assure you that this combination is designed to bolster and enrich Re/code, and that we will continue to publish under the same name and leadership, with editorial independence."
The acquisition was confirmed by Vox Media in a press release. However, there was no information about the terms of the deal.
According to Re/code, it would intermittently pool resources with The Verge, which is a tech news website owned by Vox Media. Re/code said on Tuesday, it will mainly focus on technology business and The Verge will largely cover from a different angle, associated with the perspective of lifestyle.
In November an investment of $46.5millon from General Atlantic helped Vox Media to expand its wings rapidly. Other sites included in its portfolio are SB Nation which focuses on sports and Eater which is a foodie site.
The number of visitors for its tech site The Verge has increased by one third to 24.5millon people last year.
New Zealand News
- PAGCor suffers first-half deficit of $32.5 million due to corona virus-related closures
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal