Relay For Life Exceeds Fundraising Goal
The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life in Etowah County has surpassed its fundraising goal of $109,000 for the year, raising a total of $125,857 with the help of 58 teams.
The money total may well rise, as the teams have until Friday to canvas for money.
The all night Relay for Life event was held from 6:00 p. m. to 6:00 a. m. last Friday at CrossPoint Community Church in Gadsden, and featured a Survivors Lap, including a luminaria ceremony for remembering all those who are battling cancer and those who lost their battle to the deadly disease.
With food, entertainment and games, the Relay teams offered a variety of arts and crafts, T-shirts and other items for sale.
The annual national event held by the American Cancer Society to raise money for research, also took place 16th April at Memory Mall, with UCF raising over $76,000.
Randy Foster, who led the UCF Finance and Accounting team said everyone was impressed with a team member, who walked the whole 18 hours.
The Relay For Life event involves teams taking turns to walk or run from 6:00 p. m. to noon the next day.
The UCF version of Relay for Life is student-run and is held each spring in order to raise both funds and awareness for the ACS.
UCF has been holding Relay For Life events since 1996, raising over $1 million for ACS, since.
The Finance and Accounting team were among the top fundraisers, together with UKnighted for a Cure, Phi Sigma Pi, the Centre for Distributed Learning, UCF Strategy, Marketing, Communications and Admissions.
According to the American Cancer Society, UCF exceeded its goal of raising $76,000 by $500 dollars.
Over 75 teams participated in the event.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study