Employers in Most States Add Jobs, Keeping the Overall Employment rate on the Rise in June
Unemployment rates have been on a downward move in most of the states in the US. The steady job growth continued to shrink the unemployed workforce even in the last month in twenty one states. In seventeen of the states, the numbers remained unchanged, say analysts.
If statistics is to be believed, there was an overall improvement noted in the job market in the United States. An analyst note signaled that there is some evidence indicating that the drop in unemployment could usher in a hike in wage rates in some of the states. The trend may spread to wider number of states marking an advance towards a better economy.
According to the U.S Labor Department, there was an increase in unemployment in twelve states. Thirty one of the states added jobs and in seventeen of them jobs were cut by the employers. The rest remained little changed.
The overall picture was rosy as the rate of unemployment dropped from 5.5 percent to 5.3 percent in June. Nationwide the employers added 223,000 jobs in the month.
However, the decline in jobless rate may also have a flip side as some of the unemployed people may have given up looking for jobs. While the data is gathered, only the jobless who are actively searching for jobs are counted among the "unemployed".
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden