Airbnb Launches in South Africa Plans to Accelerate Growth Rapidly
On Tuesday, Airbnb the hospitality company officially launched itself in South Africa announcing plans of accelerated growth in its biggest market in the entire continent.
Airbnb, is a fast growing community-driven hospitality business with its online marketplace allowing travelers to find people in different destinations who are willing to provide accommodation to the guests for a certain fee.
Brian Chesky, Airbnb's chief executive said, "South Africa is an incredibly beautiful and diverse country, with so much to offer visitors."
Airbnb named Nicola D'Elia, as the company's general manager for Africa as well as Middle East.
Some statistics data keeping a tab on the number of people who used the services of Airbnb for the last one year showed that there has been an overwhelming increase by257 percent. Even there was a great increase in usage by South African travelers as Airbnb's services availed by the travelers boosted 163 percent.
Founded in 2008, Airbnb was launched in San Francisco. Currently there are 1.5 million or more homes that are available for booking through Airbnb all over the globe and data says that forty five million people have used its services globally.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden