Clarksburg’s Holds Its First Relay For Life Saturday
Clarksburg High School’s Class of 2010 hoping to leave a lasting legacy in the community, has organized a Relay for Life to help raise funding for the American Cancer Society.
The students have worked to organise the overnight event starting Saturday on the school’s athletic field, and hope people will join them in celebrating those who have survived cancer, even while remembering others who lost the battle to the deadly disease.
Glory Days Grill and Mama Lucia’s have both donated food for the lunch for survivors and their caregivers that will open the event in a tent on the field.
After lunch, at precisely 1:30 p. m., cancer survivors will walk the first lap around the track.
There are around 38 teams participating in the relay, with at least one member of each team on the track all the time, while teammates back at the campsites, continue to raise money via games, sales and loads of fun activities for families and their children.
The larger community and other schools in the area are supporting the event, with Little Bennett Elementary School who collecting $2,700 by Tuesday morning, is donating it all to its Relay team.
Come 9:00 p. m., illuminated bags called luminaria will brighten the night with their glow, with each luminaria bearing the name of someone who has battled cancer. People have been asked to bring food cans to hold the luminaria down, and which will be donated to a local food bank.
As of Monday night, the Relay teams meeting the society’s fund raising goal had managed to raise approximately $30,000.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies