EMC, VMware Creating Virtustream; A Jointly Owned Hybrid Cloud Business
EMC, the computer data storage company headquartered in Hopkinton and VMware the provider of cloud and virtualization software and services are creating a new hybrid cloud company that will be owned jointly and will be based on the Virtustream business which the storage giant bought this year. It will also incorporate some other technologies of both the parent companies.
The officials of EMC and VMware announced the new company during their respective quarterly earnings releases. The new business will join the list of companies like VMware, RSA, VCE and Pivotal which form the federation of EMC. 50 % share of Virtustream will be owned by EMC and VMware each.
The industry is getting big news in the recent weeks as sometimes back, Dell announced its plans of buying EMC for $67 billion. It's the biggest deal ever in the tech industry. This week, in the Dell World 2015 organized in Austin, Texas, Michael Dell, the company's CEO made the hybrid cloud a focus for his company's enterprise message. He mentioned it many times that acquisition of EMC along with other companies like VMware and Virtustream, will allow Dell to be one of the topmost players in the data storage industry.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids