Record Number of Travelers Expected during the Holiday Season this Year; Los Angeles International Airport will be the Busiest
The winter breeze and dipping temperatures are reminders of the holiday season that's just around the corner. However, travelers who expect a quite travelling season can be disheartened as, roads as well as airports are expected to be very busy this year.
A huge number of travelers are expected and the bad weather might just cause delay and chaos. Last year, the holiday season noted 98.6 million Americans traveling and for the current year, the numbers are expected to rise further.
The lower oil prices will bring more travelers on the road during the Thanksgiving weekend so it is quite likely that there will be congestion on the highways.
Los Angeles International Airport is expected to be busiest airport in the nation with 2.1 million passengers and that's a record number. An annual estimate of the officials say, during the period November 20th to 30th, the airport will be the busiest with travelers flying out and coming in.
On Tuesday, Mayor Eric Garcetti said at a news conference, "As more people choose to work, visit, study and play in Los Angeles, LAX keeps on breaking records. L. A. is a world-class destination for visitors from around the globe, and this is great news for our local economy."
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies