Safeguarding Artificial intelligence from Harming Humans Researchers Join Hands with Big Names in OpenAI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is all around us starting from the phones to the cars. However, anxieties about robot uprising in the future against humans has made a bunch of high-tech heavyweights team up with big names like Elon Musk to launch something called OpenAI . It's a new non-profit research that will ensure AI is used for the benefit of the human race and not otherwise.
The mission of OpenAI is "to use advance digital intelligence in the way that is most likely to benefit humanity as a whole, unconstrained by a need to generate financial return."
The introductory blog post of OpenAI's says, "AI systems today have impressive but narrow capabilities." It also states that is it difficult to figure out how much the human-level AI could benefit society as it is difficult to imagine how much damage could be brought by it to the society in case it is used in a wrong way.
Apart from Elon Musk, OpenAI is being supported by some other big names. The staff in the mission has some accomplished AI researchers joining from places like the NYU, Stanford University and the UC Berkeley.
Musk and Sam Altman, the Y Combinator President serves as co-chairs in the project. The other well known names include Alan Kay the well known computer scientist and Peter Thiel the venture capitalist along with Amazon Web Services and Infosys, the big tech companies.
New Zealand News
- The Importance of Casinos to Cryptocurrencies
- ACMA asks Fortune Clock Casino and Dinkum customers to withdraw funds or risk losing money permanently
- Mercedes-Benz’s upcoming EQ electric cars to allow users to choose the sound they want to vehicle to make
- Mohegan Gaming-led consortium reportedly files bid for license to build & operate Athens casino
- Eyas Gaming Ltd eager to enter Germany’s regulated online gaming space