Are Hoverboards Really Safe? U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Issues More Detailed Safety Warning
No matter how popular Hoverboards may get but rising quality and safety concerns pushed U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue a more detailed warning regarding hoverboards on Wednesday. The concerns may be really serious in nature as the federal safety official also advice keeping a fire extinguisher handy while riding the self-balancing boards.
Increasing number of hoverboard fires have been reported in the past few months and federal regulatory agencies are investigating almost thirty nine hoverboard fires in nineteen states.
Hoverboard enthusiasts should pay more attention as quite a number of these two-wheeled electric scooters caught fire when being used or while charging. Low quality of batteries, shoddy construction and other manufacturing defects led to these accidents. Even the hoverboards sellers caution against knock-offs which use bottom-shelf mechanism.
On Wednesday, Consumer Product Safety Commission Chairman Elliot Kaye said it is not acceptable that "there are no safety standards for these self-balancing products. There are certain basic safety technologies we expect these units to have that should prevent overheating and potential combustion."
The hoverboard incidents are being examined actively by the safety commission a note to manufacturers and distributors mentioned.
Amazon pulled out several brands of hoverboards from its site and offers refunds too. Kaye complimented the Internet retailer for its action.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power