South Africa’s Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Leads Trade Mission to Zimbabwe
While speaking at the inaugural Economic Research Advisory Network Conference at Eastern Cape on Thursday, Mzwandile Masina, South Africa's Trade and Industry Deputy Minister called on government and academia to actively participate in identifying models that will help sustainable development for re-industrialization and growth of the country's economy.
In another instance, a business delegation of thirty members from SA will head to Zimbabwe on Sunday. The mission is headed by Mzwandile Masina and mainly aims at boosting investment and trade possibilities. It will visit Harare, Gweru and Bulawayo.
The delegation from SA consists of companies that operate mainly in the agriculture and related processing industries, oil and gas, built environment professionals, mining, capital equipment as well as electro technical sectors. The main goals of the scheme are to boost export market access for products and services from SA.
The Department of Trade and Industry and the companies included in the mission got assistance through the Export Marketing and Investment Assistance scheme. Masina says that the mission is part of the government's efforts to reinforce economic relations and boost investment as well as trade relations between SA and Zimbabwe.
Masina said, "The mission to Zimbabwe will enable the South African companies to identify trade and investment opportunities in the country and to interact with Zimbabwean business people and consider ways in which cooperation, partnerships and joint-ventures could be established in order to explore these opportunities."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies