Oregon’s Unemployment Rate in March at Record Low of 4.5Percent
In March, the unemployment rate of Oregon fell to a record low of 4.5 percent. It is the lowest point from the time when comparable records started in 1976.
The February unemployment rate at the state was 4.8 percent. And in March 2015, the state had a jobless rate of 5.7 percent. The average U.S. unemployment rate in March was 5.0 percent and that puts Oregon half a percentage point lower in the unemployment rate. It was way back in 1995, that Oregon's unemployment rate was half a percentage point lower than the average U.S. rate.
The total number of people employed in Oregon in March was 1.94 million which is comparatively much higher from 1.84 million last year same time. The gain in employment numbers is the main indication that Oregon's labor force has an increased participation rate that shot up in March to 62.3 percent compared to a recent low of 60.8 percent last year.
Nick Beleiciks, a state employment economist said, "Rapid job growth and a historically low unemployment rate mean that Oregon's labor market is stronger than it's been in decades. Businesses are raising wages to attract the help they need, and it's working because people are flocking to Oregon's labor force."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies