Walmart launches new method to make payment easier
World's largest retailer, Walmart has announced the launch of a new payment method in order to make it easier for customers to pay for item at its stores.
The company rolled out the new payment method at its stores in the states of Arkansas and Texas. Customers in those locations will be able to use their smartphones to pay at checkout. The retailer's app is among the top three retail apps in the Google and Apple app stores and more than twenty million customers actively use the Walmart app each month.
The retailer said, "Walmart Pay is like no other mobile payments solution available today. With this launch, Walmart becomes the only retailer to offer its own payment solution that works with any iOS or Android device, at any checkout lane, and with any major credit, debit, pre-paid or Walmart gift card - all through the Walmart mobile app."
Walmart is also planning to test 2-day shipping in order to better compete with Amazon Prime. A report showed that the company is building a new regional delivery network and testing a two-day shipping subscription service in order to directly compete with the Amazon Prime service. The company might use its major transportation fleet and logistics know-how in order to develop a new regional delivery network and will also tie up with regional carriers to deliver more of its packages. Walmart will also make use of its 6,000 tractor-trailers, which is the largest fleet of private trucks in the country, as well as its 4,600 stores across the United States to compete with Amazon.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power