New Health Advisory from EPA Impacts Drinking Water Supplies in Wright-Patterson
A new health advisory from the Environmental Protection Agency impacted many of the valley water supplies' drinking water sources.
On Friday, the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency told Wright-Patterson to stop using a drinking water well which is used by Area A, due to the presence of high levels of a chemical which is found in firefighting foams.
The agency said that infants and pregnant women should look for alternative water sources. According to Wright-Patterson it would hand out bottled water to those people who come under those categories starting today.
Last month, based on samples of water that were taken from two wells, the EPA reported it found perfluorooctane sulfanate levels of 110 parts per trillion. On Thursday, the new threshold level set by the U. S. was 70 parts per trillion. That put both the water wells out of agreement with the permitted levels.
The EPA said, the other well has been already put off line. Bottled water is being used by Wright-Patterson Medical Center for patients and also for making food said Marie Vanover, a spokeswoman. She said, "We are currently assessing the impacts to the base if we shut that well down."
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies