Yahoo to Report Q2 Earnings on Monday and Receive Final Bids from Potential Buyers
Yahoo is set to report its Q2 earnings after the markets close on Monday.
It could be the last earnings report for the Sunnyvale, California based multinational technology company as the world knows it today. On Monday, Yahoo is also expected to receive final bids from interested companies who have shown interest in buying it. Yahoo's core business, including advertising, search and content businesses like Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Mail are up for sale.
Before July ends, Yahoo is expected to announce if any of the bidders have forwarded an acceptable amount for a deal to proceed. If a sale results in the future, that will leave Yahoo with its fifteen percent stake in Alibaba , the Chinese e-commerce giant, worth about $31 billion and may be its 36 percent stake in Yahoo Japan which is worth close to $8 billion.
The bidders for Yahoo as reported, includes AT&T; Verizon; a consortium including Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and Dan Gilbert who is founder of Detroit , Michigan based Quicken Loans and owner of Cleveland Cavaliers; also TPG a private investment firm.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars