Yahoo to Report Q2 Earnings on Monday and Receive Final Bids from Potential Buyers
Yahoo is set to report its Q2 earnings after the markets close on Monday.
It could be the last earnings report for the Sunnyvale, California based multinational technology company as the world knows it today. On Monday, Yahoo is also expected to receive final bids from interested companies who have shown interest in buying it. Yahoo's core business, including advertising, search and content businesses like Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Sports and Yahoo Mail are up for sale.
Before July ends, Yahoo is expected to announce if any of the bidders have forwarded an acceptable amount for a deal to proceed. If a sale results in the future, that will leave Yahoo with its fifteen percent stake in Alibaba , the Chinese e-commerce giant, worth about $31 billion and may be its 36 percent stake in Yahoo Japan which is worth close to $8 billion.
The bidders for Yahoo as reported, includes AT&T; Verizon; a consortium including Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway and Dan Gilbert who is founder of Detroit , Michigan based Quicken Loans and owner of Cleveland Cavaliers; also TPG a private investment firm.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids