Google debuts Olympic-themed interactive doodles --- 2016 Doodle Fruit Games
In coincidence with the opening of the 2016 Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on August 5, Google has launches a series of Olympics-themed interactive mini games --- the 2016 Doodle Fruit Games.
The 2016 Doodle Fruit Games are fun mini games which show up to the users when they open the Google app on either the Android or iOS devices. The users can click on the Google Doodle to play a number of games including tennis, mini golf, swimming, hurdles, and water polo.
All the Olympics-themed mini games rolled out by Google come with a fruity twist. They feature fruits like strawberry, pear, pineapple, or watermelon and go bananas competing against one another in track and field events, and also in activities which test skill, strength and stamina.
The gameplay of the 2016 Doodle Fruit Games requires players to maneuver the fruits through a number of courses. Most of the mini games require the players to tilt their Android or iOS devices and adjust their angles to control the game and the direction. When a game or event comes to an end, the gamers -- vying for the 'freshest fruit' title -- get a 1- to 3-star ranking.
About the 2016 Doodle Fruit Games, Google said in a recent blog post: "For the next couple of weeks in the latest Google app for Android and iOS, journey to an otherwise unassuming fruit stand in Rio, where produce from all over the market are ripe to compete for the title of freshest fruit."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids