Facebook launches new standalone app --- ‘Events’ discovery and calendar app
In a Friday announcement, social network Facebook said that it is launching a new standalone app --- the 'Events from Facebook' discovery and calendar app.
The new 'Events' app harnesses some capabilities of Facebook's Events feature, to give users the ability to browse and search for ongoing events. Moreover, since the app is also capable of pulling calendars from the users' phones, all the plans of the users show up in one place; thereby enabling the users to know when they are free.
In announcing the launch of the new standalone 'Events' app via a Friday blog post, Facebook said that the app is available, with immediate effect, on the iOS platform in the US. The company also added alongside that the Android version of the app will also be launched soon.
The Events app boasts a clean interface which offers a number of separate sections -- next to the home tab -- which can be accessed by the users by clicking the corresponding icons at the bottom of the screen. The app also comes with a magnifying glass option, which can be tapped to unfold an Explore tab, to enable users to discover events by browsing through recommendations based on time, location and their interests.
The app also features an interactive map for displaying events taking place in the user's vicinity, as well as a Search tab which displays events happening in other cities.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids