Google rolls out preview build of Android 7.1 for Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, and Pixel C
On Wednesday, Google rolled out the Android 7.1.1 'Nougat' Developer Preview files for the Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P handset, and the Pixel C tablet.
The release of the developer preview build of Android 7.1.1 by Google is an apparent indication of the fact that the Google Nexus devices are getting Android 7.1 concurrently with Google's new Pixel and Pixel XL handsets. The new devices, with Android 7.1, are scheduled to arrive in Verizon stores probably on Thursday, October 20.
With Google having rolled out the first substantial Android Nougat update to its Nexus devices on Wednesday, the company is now planning to expand the developer preview to other devices in November. A final public release has been scheduled for December.
Meanwhile, as of now, the users of Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P and Pixel C can get the update to Android 7.1 developer preview in three ways. They can update through the Android Beta Program, to receive an over-the-air update from Google. Alternatively, they can update through flashing factory images, or OTA .zip files.
In announcing the roll out of the preview release of Android 7.1 Nougat for the Nexus 6P, 5X, and Pixel C, Google's Dave Burke said in a blog post: "We're delivering the initial Developer Preview at beta quality for the Nexus lineup of devices. The goal is to tease out any device-specific issues."
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network