Sally Open Experience Sharing Has Encouraged Many Women to Contact Breast Cancer Care
Coronation Street star Sally Dynevor's revelation of her own breast cancer has inspired a wide number of the country to consult the experts for a breast examination.
She was breast cancer, last year, while she was rehearsing for a soap concept, wherein her character was supposed to have developed the same illness.
After recovering from the chemotherapy and radiotherapy, Dynevor openly shared her experience and encouraged all the women around to go in for a checkup.
Since then, a record number of women have consulted the doctors for the same. The charity Breast Cancer Care has report a 55% increase in the calls.
Breast Cancer Care's Carolyn Rogers said, "We have spoken to women on the helpline who found something in their breast and got it checked as a result of Coronation Street and Sally's own story".
Rogers affirmed that a majority of the women who will opt to go in for the checkup will come out clear, yet it is always suggested that one should remain updated.
Dynevor has resumed work at Coronation Street. Her reappearance will be observed from July.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power