Instagram to test new shopping feature with select iOS users in US
Facebook-owned photo-sharing network Instagram will soon be testing a new shopping feature which will give users the ability to shop products directly from a photo posted on the network.
The testing of the new shopping feature will be started by Instagram next week, when the feature is rolled out to select iOS users in the US.
The new shopping feature, which will facilitate the purchase of products completely inside of Instagram, will be tested by Instagram with a number of US brands that will be the company's test launch partners. These brands include Abercombie&Fitch BaubleBar, Coach, Hollister, J.Crew, JackThreads, Levi's Brand, Macy's, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Lulus, MVMT Watches, Tory Burch, Shopbop and Warby Parker, among others.
These test launch partners for Instagram's new shopping feature will be able to include product purchasing details with their Instagram posts.
The new shopping feature will work in such a way that each Instagram photo will come with a new 'Tap to view' icon on the bottom left side. A tap on the icon will unfold tags on the photo, with names and prices for up to five products. For prompting a detailed description of any product, users can - while remaining inside Instagram - tap on the tag; and, to purchase a product, they have to tap the 'Shop Now' option for opening a link to the product in Safari.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power