Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch now available for pre-orders; shipping starts Nov. 18
On Sunday, November 6, Samsung opened the pre-orders for its much-awaited smartwatch, the Samsung Gear S3. US wireless carrier AT&T started accepting pre-orders for the smartwatch on November 4.
With the pre-orders of the Samsung Gear S3 smartwatch now open, the smartwatch is scheduled to start shipping to customers with effect from November 18, the date on which the device will also hit the store shelves.
In announcing that the Gear S3 smartwatch is now available for pre-orders, Samsung said that the smartwatch comes in two variants --- the elegant 'Classic' model; and the rugged 'Frontier' model. The starting price for both the variants of Gear S3 is $350 for most carriers.
However, some carriers could offer the Gear S3 smartwatch for a different cost, on installment basis. For instance, AT&T is offering the smartwatch for $50 with a two-year contract, with conditions; or for $17.50 per month for 20 months.
The Gear S3 smartwatch - both Classic and Frontier models - comes with a stainless steel body and runs Tizen-based wearable operating system. The smartwatch features a 1.3-inch display with Gorilla Glass SR+; Exynos processor; 4GB storage, 786 RAM; an IP68 certification for dust and water resistance; and a 380 mAh battery.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars