Snapchat rolls out new update to include ‘World Lenses’ feature
In an announcement made on Tuesday, Snapchat ephemeral messaging app said that it is rolling out an extension of the popular face-altering Lenses feature which was unveiled by the company in 2015.
Snapchat's new take on the Lenses feature - which allows Snapchat users to use animated overlays for embellishing their photos and videos - comes as part of the app's latest update; and is called 'World Lenses.'
The rollout of the new set of Lenses options by Snapchat underscores a notable move by the company, which has reinforced the fact that the company has efforts underway to blur the boundaries between the physical and digital worlds.
The key difference between Snapchat's new 'World Lenses' feature - which underscores effects that overlay virtual objects in photos and videos - and its original Lenses feature is that while Lenses mainly focused on the user's face, World Lenses includes options for decorating the entire photo or video, not just the user's face.
For accessing the new 'World Lenses' feature, Snapchat users will have to open the Snapchat app to its camera screen, and activate the lenses - and select one - by tapping in the middle of the screen.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power