Barclays: With iPhone 8, Apple will introduce iPhone models with new form factor
In a new research report, Barclays Research analysts have claimed that iPhone models with an entirely new form factor will be introduced by tech giant Apple, beginning with its 2017 iPhone which will likely be called iPhone 8.
The report by Barclays substantiates some of the previous rumors making rounds about the iPhone 8 handset over the last few months. Those rumors have been claiming that the iPhone 8 models will come with an edge-to-edge display.
Asserting that the iPhone 8 handset will boast the radical iPhone redesign which most iPhone users are awaiting, the research report said that - going by the information shared by unidentified sources within Apple's supply chain - the iPhone 8 models will have curved 5-inch and 5.8-inch displays.
However, since the displays of the iPhone 8 models will be edgeless, and without the bezel, there will be not much change in the actual size of the handsets as compared to the current 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 7 models.
Meanwhile, with regard to rumors that the home button on the iPhone 8 models will be embedded beneath the display itself, Barclays' analysts said in the research report that there presently is no guarantee about the rumored home button.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies