FriendFinder Networks hacked; more than 412 million accounts leaked
In a hack first reported by breach notification site LeakedSource, adult dating service company Friend Finder Network has been hacked. As a result of the hack, more than 412 million accounts have been leaked.
Friend Finder Network is the parent company of AdultFriendFinder, Cams.com, Penthouse.com, Stripshow.com, and iCams.com.
According to the LeakedSource report, FriendFinder Networks was attacked by hackers in October; and over 412 million accounts, e-mail addresses and passwords from the company's holdings were leaked online on criminal marketplaces.
More specifically, hackers compromised and exposed more than 300 million accounts on AdultFriendFinder; more than 62 million accounts on Cams.com; over 7 million accounts on Penthouse.com; more than 1.4 million accounts on Stripshow.com; and over 1.1 million accounts on iCams.com. In addition, the hackers also breached approximately 35,000 accounts on an "unknown domain."
In reporting that Friend Finder Network was attacked by hackers last month, LeakedSource has also highlighted the fact that user passwords were stored by the company in plane visible format -- or with Secure Hash algorithm 1 (SHA-1) -- which is supposedly not a very secure format.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies