Google rolls out new ‘PhotoScan’ app for iOS and Android
In a recent announcement, Google has revealed that it is launching a new app called 'PhotoScan,' to enable users to scan their old photos.
Announcing the rollout of the new PhotoScan app, Google said that the app is now available globally for free, for the iOS and Android platforms.
The PhotoScan app differs from some of the other scanner apps - like Scanner Pro and Dropbox - in that it clicks multiple shots for creating each scan. As a result, the app can effectively eradicate glare, one of the common issues that affects the scanning of glossy photos.
The photos scanned with the help of the PhotoScan app yield notably improved results over merely clicking a photo of an old photo. A copy of the old photos scanned using the app can be saved by the users to the camera roll of their handsets, as well as to the Google Photos library, provided that they have installed the Google Photos app on their devices.
The PhotoScan app, like other scanner apps, comes with edge detection capability for cropping out the background of a photo. In addition, the app can also correct a photo's perspective, so as to produce an accurate, distortion-free scan; and it also boasts the inclusion of a smart rotation feature for keeping photos in the proper orientation.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power