Amazon.com sold out of its voice-activated Echo speakers
According to online retail giant Amazon's latest product listings, the company has sold out of its voice-activated Amazon Echo and Amazon Echo Dot speakers. Amazon had recently announced heavy discounts on both the speakers, to pose a challenge to the newly launched 'Google Home' product with similar functions.
According to Amazon's latest listings, the Amazon Echo and the Amazon Echo Dot speakers are currently out of stock at the company. The stock of the $180-priced Echo will not be replenished on Amazon.com before January 19, 2017; whereas the Echo Dot speaker will not available from the company until after Christmas Day, December 25.
However, though Amazon is currently sold out of its Echo speakers, the company's spokeswoman Kinley Pearsall has said that the device may still be available Amazon bookstores in San Diego, Portland and Seattle; as well as at some bigwig retail stores, including Best Buy, Staples, Lowe's, Sears and Toys "R" Us.
The stock-out of the Echo speakers on Amazon.com highlights the fact that it is quite difficult to accurately predict demand for the holiday shopping season
With the shortage of Amazon Echo speakers apparently showing that voice-activated assistants are becoming increasingly popular with customers, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said that the Echo speakers are sold out "because of demand, and demand is high because it's a spectacular product."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network