Valve announces best-selling Steam games of 2016
Popular video game producer Valve Corp. has announced the top one hundred games that generated the most revenue on Steam during 2016.
The list of top 100 revenue-generating games is notably varied, ranging from highly-acclaimed games like Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA 5) to games like Stellaris.
The company sorted the games into 1 of 4 different tiers, with one to twelve labeled as "Platinum," thirteenth to twenty-fourth games labeled as "Gold," twenty-five to fortieth games labeled as "Silver." The remaining games were placed into the Bronze category.
Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and Total War: Warhammer got placed in the "Platinum" category. But, games with buggy PC versions failed to fair as well as many might have expected.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided failed to even break out of the "Silver" tier, while Dishonored 2 got stuck in "Bronze" category. No Man's Sky cracked the top 12 games mentioned on the list.
Valve released the list on the back of the 2016 Steam Awards announcement, and it is the first time that the popular game maker has put together such an extensive list, ranking games as per their total gross revenue for the year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power