Tim Cook discusses tech & economy with Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch
Apple Inc. CEO Tim Cook met with Utah Senator Orrin Hatch in the national capital on Friday and discussed various topics ranging from the wider tech industry to U. S. economy, emerging media reports say.
Mr. Cook reportedly visited Washington, D. C., to meet with Republican Sen. Hatch, and took a dinner with Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner. While details of the closed-door meeting were not disclosed, a statement provided to media revealed that they discussed a range of topics about technology and economy.
It may be noted here that Mr. Hatch is a member of the Judiciary Committee and also leads the Republican High-Tech Task Force of the U. S. Senate. He has met with Mr. Cook many times in the past.
Quoting a statement form the senator, media outlets reported, "During today's meeting with Apple CEO Tim Cook, we discussed ways to grow the economy and our tech industry … Given the issues I work on as chairman of the Senate Republican High-Tech Task Force, it's especially useful to listen to innovators like Tim."
The Apple chief also dined with Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner at Italian restaurant Tosca, which is located close to the White House, but nothing was disclosed about what they discussed.
Mr. Cook's meetings with Mr. Hatch, Ivanka and her husband followed last month's tech summit where the Apple chief and other tech leaders like Tesla CEO Elon Musk. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella met with President Donald Trump to discuss topics like trade, education and immigration.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies