Tesla’s primary focus continue to be on Model 3
Billionaire innovator Elon Musk has confirmed that Tesla is still working on an electric semi truck, but stressed that the company's primary focus for this year will continue to be on the Model 3.
With the electric semi truck dubbed "Tesla Semii," Tesla wants to appeal to a larger audience. If the company successfully manages to place an electric semi truck in the cargo industry, then the costs of shipping can be significantly decreased globally.
However, Musk admitted that there are still more important issues that the company needs to resolve first.
On his Twitter account, the renowned innovator stated that the company's primary focus is on the Tesla Model 3 -- a $35,000 electric car.
Emerging reports suggest that the top-end Tesla Model 3 e-car will be an all-wheel-drive vehicle with a 70kWh battery, which will run nearly 300 miles on a full charge. However, that range is provisional, and applies only for the top-end version of upcoming vehicle. The base model will likely come equipped with a 50/55kWh battery, with a range of roughly 240 miles.
Tesla is expected to unveil the Model 3 within the next couple of months, with mass production of the set for the second half of this year.
New Zealand News
- Cambodian casino operator NagaCorp all set to partially reopen flagship Phnom Penh gaming venue
- Bridge Investment ordered to stop work on Tinian Casino project due to lack of permits
- Philippines government warns public not to patronize illegal online gambling operations
- Eldorado Resorts’ capital raising plans could be catalyst to finalize $17.3bn Caesars deal
- BetConstruct obtains license to offer Sportsbook and Casino products in Swedish market