Snap’s Spectacles available online
Days after releasing a "Roadshow" video to attract potential investors for its IPO, Snap Inc. has announced the online availability of its video-recording sunglasses, called Spectacles.
The social media company, which is best known for its short-lived image and video service Snapchat, has also closed its pop-up store in New York and activated a buy button on its Spectacles. com website.
Spectacles are wearable glasses integrated wirelessly with a video camera. It allows users to record a day's worth of snaps on a single charge. The snaps or videos go straight to the app using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It captures anything within the 115-degree field of its vision. Users can enjoy the recorded videos full display on any device.
One can buy Spectacles online for $130, and the wearable technology is available in Black, Coral and Teal. The price includes a cable and charging case. However, an additional charging case and cable will cost additional $50 and $10, respectively.
Snap has limited the sale of the device to 6 pairs per household. It takes 2 to 4 weeks for the company to deliver the device after an order is placed online.
Meanwhile, Snap is preparing for its planned IPO, in which it will sell nearly 230 million shares with price tag ranging between $14 and $16 apiece. If the IPO goes as planned, the social media company will get a market valuation of $19.5 to $22.2 billion.
New Zealand News
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19
- Top Live Casinos in India and Pure Casino Signup Offer
- Independent MP Justin Field making efforts to prevent NSW from compensating Crown Resorts
- President-elect Biden’s Climate Plan to provide big boost to EVs and green power